Sunday, February 05, 2006

Book Review: Cycles of Life

Title: Cycles of Life: Understanding the Principles of Predictive Astrology
Author: Ron Suskin

There are some books that take extra effort to read and this is one of them. Is it worth it? That you will need ot guage for yourself, however I found it very challenging.

Suskin is offering a detailed explanation of the cycles we all go thorugh in our lives, each flavored by one of the planets. The place where it bogs down, which he admits, is in using the chart he gives to figure out your cycles. This however, is really not complicated. He explains it in a very comprehensible manner. He uses Madonna as an example. But the problem may come in the interpretation.

An accomplished professional astrologer, I took the time to fill out the chart, but when I was done I could not make any of his interpretations jibe with what had taken place in my life at the times his system indicated. There was one noticeably large gap of several years where I knew significant things had occurred but according to this system, there was nothing. It seemed to say I had no significant events from 1990 to 2004 and thenplaced all significant potential event times between 2008-2016.

While this may be fine for some, I think readers will be be quite disturbed if they buy the book and experience the same. It would be good to be able to track back form one's birth the sinificant events and times and note that which planets gave energy to the transformation.

No comments: