Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gaining and Losing Me, Uh-huh!

Saturn has not been in my 1st house as it travels through Virgo; however, today I was very shocked and happy to learn that without dieting, I have lost a tremendous amount of inches.

In June 2006 I bought a pair of low-waist jeans I could not get higher than my KNEES. Oh, it was sad.

Today I was organizing my armoire and took them out,deciding to see where they were on me now, exactly 2 years later.

They slid up my legs, over my thighs and hips, zipped, clung to my butt and hung loosely around my lower waist. I had to put on a belt.

Talk about mind-blowing!

I promptly went out for a long walk on the most populated street I could find.

Heehee.

I realize now I have been eating a lot less food, and eating healthier. I realize I cut out a lot of high fructose corn syrup, pork, gluten/wheat, sugar and white foods (like white rice, potatoes and flour). I also drink nearly 2 liters of water per day and eat a good amount of fresh fruit. I eat beef (I lurves red meat!!) 2-3 times per week.

Are you a Virgo who has lost weight during this Saturn transit?

It is also more than losing weight; I have lost some parts of me that were reluctant to put my body out there, reluctant to see myself as a woman who is as attractive as I really am. In working so hard these past 10 months I changed my eating habits, eating less food, and focusing on getting things done in my life, while dealing with critics and crazies, and reorganizing. The reward? Slimmer knees, thighs, and a thinner more shapely but as well as a smaller waist.

Hard won weight loss. Hmmm.

Thirty years ago, when Saturn last transited Virgo, I remember being slapped on the butt by more than one relative and being told that I was "getting fat". On response I felt so hurt, felt so ugly, came to believe I was unattractive to boys, and let myself be defeated by the criticism as a young girl, that I began overeating and eating badly (not only foods not good for me, but huge amounts, sometimes until my stomach hurt). I never saw that I was a beautiful and curvaeous young girl, and I turned inward trying to make myself perfect while beating myself up with food for not being "perfect" (pencil thin).

Now, I am shedding that protective layer, having come to quite a comfort with my curvaceous body, my full breasts, my butt, my thighs, my womanly goddess shape. Whomp!! There it is....

Uh-huh!!

No comments: